our family

our family

Thursday, October 30, 2014

Now wait just a minute...

NToday's dress up theme at school is "Throwback Thursday" but the throwback era they chose?!?! 
The nineties.
Are we so old that the years we spent as adults are considered throwback?!?!?
The only redeeming shred of dignity I could salvage for myself was not being able to find a single piece of clothing to wear for this particular theme, having discarded my platform shoes, Chinese flats, body glitter and suspenders some time ago.
My husband truly went all out and it was almost more than I could handle.
On a funny note I had to stop at Wmart for a few things on the way home from bringing the boys to school and I didn't feel out of place at all. ;0)


New friends Jill, Elsie and Jovie walked with us to the farmers market next door for a bit of trick or treating after class; we were almost home when Rilla asked "where's my bag???"
I must have looked in my purse ten times, spinning around asking Jill if I had hidden it somewhere in my body without thinking- I mean, how do you lose a bag of candy? And,let's be honest-- my mind these days just isn't cruising along at top speed, if you know what I mean.
Finally I was (pretty) sure I wasn't holding the bag in a pocket or on my head (I literally checked) and we walked back to find Rilla's forlorn pink purse on the side of the road.
Clearly I need to teach her the importance of knowing where her candy is.



1 comment: