our family

our family

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Rock, Paper, Scizzors... Shoe!

Lately Gabe and Zach have been enjoying the game "Connect Four" so often before bed we settle down to a tournament, to see who will be the evening's champion. Early on I realized that when we would play "rock, paper, scizzors" to see who would go first, not only did the boys end it by yelling "SHOE!" instead of "shoot" but they would get into a pattern and go through all three options repeatedly. I pointed this out to John, who think it is hilarious to play this with them, because he knows exactly which "hand" they will put forth next, but they have no idea how he knows. It's a riot.
for some reason, Zach loves to call this game "Ketchup vs. Mustard". Looks like ketchup won!


2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bridget! Wow, my mind was trying to connect all the pieces when your kids and I bumped into each other yesterday! I hope I didn't say anything out of turn - it didn't all click with me until later, my friends were yelling for me to catch up, etc, and I certainly would never have thought in the middle of 500 ppl we would strike up such a sweet conversation! Thanks for getting in touch with me! Your children are lovely. My number - is 731-8268 and I would love to chat as well. I will proably try once I get at least one kiddo in bed tonight, if you have time. Once again, I hope I wasn't out of line yesterday, we have been on kind of a crazy journey with our mutual friends, that only seems a little normal to me because of what we went through a year and a half ago, and I don't always realize how it affects others. I have thought of you often, especially at night and have been praying for SLEEP for you!
      God bless and thank you so much,
      Katie

      Delete