our family

our family

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Self-reflection, self-indulgence, self deprecation

This week... Seriously.
It started with our bank in town being sold so I now have to drive 45 minutes to deposit or cash a check, the car battery dying while John showed up at the wrong building for his work physical, me hand making (kitchen-aid... I can almost see you ...) 3! loaves of bread and forgetting the salt, then forgetting the towels for swimming lessons (chilly AND wet) to later in the week Rilla learning how to lock the bathroom door and proceeding to do so as she walked out of the bathroom ("Hello? Mr. Maintenance Man?") et cetera et cetera. 
So.
I decided to give myself a coconut oil treatment since its free and I am more than a little frazzled.
As my afternoon wore on, I wondered what it says about me that I made coffee to "enjoy" while I did my hair (in between flying Spider-Man darts and documentaries, snacks and diaper changes) but then kept having to re-heat the coffee because I was never close enough to it to remember to drink it...




No comments:

Post a Comment