our family

our family

Sunday, November 3, 2013

No kidding

One of the teachers here, Rex G ( who incidentally was here long before my first time here as a student) is not only a support raising missionary in order to be here, he happens to pastor a church about 40 minutes away. I have never been there, actually did not know he is pastor; last week he put notices in each of the "marrieds" mailboxes letting us know his church had some groceries they had collected for all the married students here at the BI. This is the 15 th year they have done it. We don't know a soul at that church, except for Rex and his wife, but just walked into a room FULL of groceries for each of the 12 or so families. Having never been in a place in our lives where grocery concerns even hit the radar, this is a new and very amazing experience for me. I have learned in the short time that I am here that without having times where I honestly did not know what I would be able to put together for a meal ( not to be dramatic here -! We never missed any meals or anything but there comes a time when the food in the pantry doesn't add up to a dinner or school lunch, because it just doesn't form a meal; there's food for sure but somehow it doesn't create something when it's all put together-) I would never be able to see how God chooses to provide for us when we are not even looking, or even asking, for it. 
Just wanted to document this; we all need things to look back on when those days come, which they are sure to. 



2 comments: