our family

our family

Monday, July 25, 2011

Puddle Walk

One of my ideas when I realized I would be staying home with the kids was to start going on walks together after dinner; like most ideas, it has taken me three months to do anything about it. Last night we went on a lovely walk after dropping the van off at John's work - we fed ducks, we played on the playground, we found giant leaves to measure. My new Walking After Dinner Plan was off to a great start!
Tonight it rained.
So we put on our rain boots, grabbed a giant umbrella, stuck Rilla in the moby wrap and headed out on a puddle jumping adventure. It was awesome.
Of course, the pile of soggy clothing on the floor in front of the door is still there, and the dishes still aren't done  - but hey, it was still awesome.

1 comment:

  1. Rainy puddle walks are the best! Who needs clean dishes and clothes anyway?

    ReplyDelete