our family

our family

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Us Girls

It has been said that blood is thicker than water; I beg to differ.
While in my life and the lives of each one in my family there have been many wonderful and influential women that we are genetically linked to, in my immediate family right now we four girls (er... I use the term loosely!) are and always will be as close as any family but none of us share DNA.
My mom didn't "become" my mother until I was eight; Katy came into my life at the age of seven; Rilla was adopted at birth. Grandmother, mother, daughter, and baby girl-- each one of us in this family in a unique role, each loved by the other three as only family can love, and not a single drop of blood shared by any one of us.
Just goes to show you can't believe everything you hear. 


2 comments:

  1. Agreed! You four are quite the special foursome :-) Love you all!! (And BTW I have tried innumerable times to post on here during my middle of the night nursing sessions, but it is wonky on my iPhone...just wanted you to know I am thinking about you all LOTS and am religiously following your blog! :-) xoxoJennie

    ReplyDelete