our family

our family

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

dancin' days are here again

Today was the type of day that involved erasing and re-doing the schedule on the refrigerator white board  four times before I could make it work.  And tomorrow is shaping up to be a doozy as well.  Just when I start to get caught up on that mountain of laundry, I am befuddled by my ability to let an entire day go by in which I seem to get nothing done. Ah well; Ann  has told me that there will be days when at the end if I can say "everyone is fed, everyone is alive and safe" that will have to be enough. Guess that's today.
Katy had her first vocal rehearsal today and found out she will be involved in nine songs - hooray! We are all looking forward to the musical.
Gabe made up an entire story (which he did quickly admit to) in order to be allowed to call a girl from class - he tried calling her once before and we said no, sorry. The common thread for Gabe and this girl is their passionate devotion to The Polar Express.
Zacharoo had a tough night at Awana, not sure why, but Daddy handled it well and I thought it was all set when I got into the car, but Zach felt differently. "I love you, " I said, climbing into the front seat. He hung his head, but with a twinkle in his eye. "I am condemned to a life of shame," he sighed.
Jake got a new car recently - we are hoping to see him this week. Last night my friend Lara came over and started laughing when she saw in the living room that I had framed a picture of Jake and had a candle lit next to it. I didn't mean to imply anything, but I guess I must miss him even more than I thought!
Rilla has made it very clear that she loves bananas in her cereal - she seems to be teething already, although I remember that these first teeth take months to come in. She is the sweetest, smilingest baby.

1 comment:

  1. Oh no! Calling girls already?
    Sounds like Zach is JUST like John. :)too funny!

    ReplyDelete