our family

our family

Sunday, March 27, 2011

A pickle on a giant crap sandwich

Today was just one of those days; not to be overly dramatic, but it was one of those days that kept me constantly reminding myself of what I have to be thankful for because at every turn something was going wrong. Not much makes me more mad than seeing one of my kids get hurt, although seeing one of my kids act like an idiot ranks a close second. I realize this is not my typical blog fare, but it is what it is - it's where I am tonight. God is in control and I trust Him but today was a doozy.
Thankfully my oldest daughter and I usually turn on the tv on Sunday nights and chill out, and tonight "Secret Millionaire" is on which will help me put things in perspective.
I had to help Gabe build a simple machine project today and I am quite sure he's apt to get his first bad grade; my mechanical abilities are  non-existent, and I thought we were going to go up in smoke.  When he looked at me in the midst of my mental breakdown and said, "Ew, glue doesn't taste good," I knew I was in trouble.
But everyone is clean, safe, and fed, in a warm home with a mommy that although she may be overwhelmed, loves them very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment