our family

our family

Saturday, March 19, 2011

An out-of-school surprise

My friend Laurie was given a whole bunch of free passes to the planetarium, so yesterday she picked Gabe, Rilla and I up (Zachy had school but Gabe was off - they are in two different schools which is a bit tricky and adds an extra hour of travel to our days) to spend part of the day there with some of our other friends. I didn't tell Gabe what we were doing, just told him to look out the window and let me know when the surprise drove up, which added to the fun.
Gabe spent the most time hosting his own weather show on one of those monitors that shows the child as the meteorologist on a tv screen - he kept going back to it and coming up with even more interesting storms to report and hand gestures to describe them.  His other favorite thing was the glass elevator that I let him ride with his friend Gavin WITH OUT ANY ADULTS.  (Probably the fact that it was glass so I could see them the whole time helped me offer that tiny bit of Independence, but hey, he loved it.)
We picked up an "actual" meteorite for Zach, which thrilled him, but which is already lost; he is currently storming back and forth between his (very messy) room and the living room as he reports his moment by moment attempt to find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment