our family

our family

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Girls Girls Girls

Yesterday Rilla and I went over to the Britain household for lunch - Jane had invited us over because her niece Becky was coming for the day with her five (yes, FIVE) little girls - Gabby (4), Dillon (2), and the triplets Sophie, Emma, and Lexi (8 months). I guess Jane just figured one more baby girl wouldn't harm anything, and she was right - it was really fun. The best part is that when I got there, Lara was already there as well as one of Jane's friends, and they had sent Becky away for some alone time, which she must've needed so badly. The triplets are crawling now and while that comes with the freedom of them being able to do a few things for themselves, like holding bottles or self-feeding, I can't imagine what it means for their mother's daily routine. So next time I am freaked out because my laundry is piling up like Mount Everest (I do tend to refer to laundry as my Everest) I will remember my lunch at the Britains. (All five girls and their amazing mother seem remarkably well-adjusted - way to go, Becky!)

No comments:

Post a Comment