our family

our family

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Older than dirt

Today Zach asked me if I was alive when there were cavemen, and if so, did I know any? And if I wasn't quite old enough to know any cavemen, then did my mom? Because how old was she?  Mmmmm. I explained that she would only be about 60 years old, so neither of us knew any of the cavemen.
THEN, in the car Gabe was explaining that he was sad because he was telling his friends at school that he wished he could go to art school, and I told him that he could when he got older. He countered with "But I'm not that good, sometimes the pictures don't look just right," so then I said that if he kept practicing he would just get better and better. 
"Yeah," he said, "maybe when I'm  your age." 
"That's right," I replied, feeling good about our encouraging conversation, until he muttered under his breath:
"In a million years."

2 comments:

  1. LOL!! "In a million years"...that's pretty funny! Kind of like Afton showing me a "fat rainbow" and then saying it's "kind of like you, mom"...ouch!

    Kids. Gotta love 'em!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is hilarious. Your kids are so clever, and rediculous. :)

    ReplyDelete