our family

our family

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Snowy days

The last couple of days have been pretty "zen" as Lara would say. Friday was a snow day, and Nana called early to ask the boys over for sledding and a sleepover. We said YES! Gabe and Zach enjoyed lots of time with their uncles and Nana (Grandpa was flying on Friday but we did get to see him on Saturday), playing games, sledding, baking, and sleeping in the living room on that super amazing pull our sofa Nana bought. Thank you Mom! There is nothing in the world like grabbing that extra 45 minutes of sleep in the morning without those interruptions that, don't get me wrong, I LOVE ---
"Mom, can I have a cookies?"
"No, its 5:25 in the morning."
"Mom, I waited. Can I have a cookie?"
"No, it's not even six. Aren't you supposed to be in bed til 6:30?"
"Can I play video games?"
"Can you open this yogurt?"
"Now can you open my yogurt?"
Rilla and I stayed in bed til 7:30; she decided to start chatting at seven but didn't seem to mind that I closed my eyes to listen.
Saturday night Julia was here, so Katy Julia and I watched an Audrey Hepburn movie (I, of course, fell asleep) after Katy straightened my hair, and Julia cut Katy's.
Snow again this morning, so we will stay home.

No comments:

Post a Comment