our family

our family

Monday, February 21, 2011

God"s valentine

Last night I was allowed a moment that comes along once in awhile, a moment when my child's innocence and pure heart fills me with quiet delight. After many not-so-quiet moments of getting my boys to bed, I had gone back in for the promised "check on" and snuggle; both boys were still awake. I lay next to Zach, listening to them breathe, thankful for them in warm beds with full tummies. Gabe piped up from the top bunk, "I'm thinking about what I can give God."
"Do you know the only thing God wants from you?" I asked, half thinking Gabe would give me the "right" answer.
"No. Maybe something I can wrap?"
"Well, guys, He just wants your love. That's all. God just loves us and wants us to love Him."
Gabe thought for a moment and then came out with this:
"Maybe next year on Valentine's Day I could make Him a valentine. Yeah, next year I will make Him one, so He knows I love Him."
Man, I love that kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment