our family

our family

Thursday, February 17, 2011

One Acts at Concord High

Tonight was Katy's acting debut at Concord High, where she had a role in a play called "An Actor's Nightmare"-- she played the Executioner, and was the cutest little bearer of death I have ever seen! So proud!  Having listened to her downplay her role for the last few weeks, we were very pleased to learn she really had a few lines, and she delivered them with gusto!
Besides my beautiful daughter, the highlight of that play for me personally was knowing that the main character (a six foot tall VERY THIN teenage boy) was wearing a pair of my old leggings. Glad I could do my part to contribute to the arts.
Act 2 was a very nicely done play taken from a Russian short story (hooray!).  The highlight of this one for me is a toss-up: every time the lights dimmed in the auditorium all the boys would start making silly popping noises with their mouths and I couldn't stop laughing (and my husband of course couldn't help joining in). OR when the skinny kid's fake moustache kept falling off the right side of his face.  At first he kept nonchalantly running his fingers over it, but by the time half of it was wagging around, pointing at the wall when he turned stage right, I was crying hysterically - tears of laughter. And then the lights dimmed, and the boys all started in on the weird noises  and it was curtains for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment