our family

our family

Friday, February 18, 2011

morning

Last night I got to snuggle Gabe for awhile; he woke up right after we got home from Katy's play, and asked for a drink and a snuggle, and I obliged him on both accounts. Gabe is the type of kid that is just generally easy going, snuggly, tender, and wants to please. Surrounded by other siblings I am afraid that sometimes I don't snuggle him enough, give him enough of what he needs. So it was a treat for me.
Zach was up before six, but the rule is six-thirty, so he snuck back to see me and Rilla (Daddy often ends up wanting the peace and quiet found on the couch after the 1a.m. feeding). When I told him to go wash his hands before holding the baby he said, "OK, I just hope dad isn't lurking around."  Rilla had her bottle and then we all snuggled a bit; Zach ended up studying the "gems" dangling off of my lampshade, concluding that they must be diamonds, except for the one that was shaped differently, which must be limestone. Home Goods would be shocked to know how much that lamp is worth!
So Gabe will be home today due to his fever; he, no doubt, is anticipating a full day of video games, Apple TV, and perhaps if he is lucky some re-runs of AFV.

No comments:

Post a Comment